Monday, May 10, 2010

Remove OGA Office Not Genuine Notifications (Uninstall KB949810)

Method 1:


Here’s what I just did and so far it’s working very well. (I have Windows XP SP2)

With no MS Office applications running, I went to windows updates and changed my notification settings from automatic updates to “notify me when new updates are available.” A couple minutes later I got a pop up that asked if I wanted to change back to automatic updates, I clicked on “no” and it went away.

I then clicked on start, then run, and pasted

MsiExec.exe /X{B2544A03-10D0-4E5E-BA69-0362FFC20D18}

into the drop down box and ran it.

A little program ran for about 8-10 seconds and then disappeared from the screen. I then did a disk clean up (temp internet files, etc) and did a restart. (You probably don’t have to do the clean up, just me being neat freak.)


Once restart was done and I was back at the start screen, there was an immediate yellow shield in the lower right taskbar by the clock. I clicked on it and it was windows updates trying to get me to re-install the genuine advantage validation tool. I declined the install and also checked the box to not show me this update again. I then went to windows update and did express update search. Once it’s complete you will get a list of updates if you need them (I didn’t get any) and you will then see a yellow box that says “You’ve hidden important updates. You’ve asked us not to show you one or more high-priority updates but your computer might be at risk until they are installed.” This is because you elected to hide the genuine advantage update and not have it shown to you. Do not click on the “Restore them now” choice and it will not load. So far I have not gotten the GA warning box at all since I did this. Hope this helps you all.

Method 2:

Dont do any cracks/patches You are jeopardizing you security

JUST USE COMMAND PROMPT: 1-(RIGHT CLICK COMMAND PROMPT AND RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, THIS IS IMPORTANT)

2-CLOSE ALL RUNNING MS OFFICE APPLICATIONS (WORD,EXCEL, ETC)

3-TYPE (OR COPY AND PASTE): MsiExec.exe /X{B2544A03-10D0-4E5E-BA69-0362FFC20D18}

4-HIT ENTER!!!

PRESTO!!! THIS IS THE ONLY LEGIT WAY TO REMOVE THAT PESKY KB949810 UPDATE

I KNOW, I STAYED UP FOR 7 HOURS RESEARCHING THIS ISSUE

ALSO IN WINDOWS VISTA, AFTER U UNINSTALL KB949810, VIA THIS METHOD MAKE SURE TO “HIDE” THIS UPDATE SO IT DOESNT REINSTALL

No comments:

Post a Comment